The increasing demand for high-speedfiber-optic networks requires high-performance cable protection ducts and optimal installation technique.
With our cable protection ducts we offer the possibility to quickly and effectively open up unoccupied areas and to connect every household with glass fiber.
In this way, transmission rates up to 1 Gbit/s can be achieved.
Our cable protection ducts can be assigned by different coloring and individual letterings. Our customers have the option of laying the ducts either in the protection duct or to bury them directly, the installation of the fibre optic cables only takes place as required.
FiberSpeed® ducts of PE-HD with sheath consist of loose single ducts. The sheath is permanently marked with ink-jet printing. A coating with longitudinal stripes in the outer sheath is feasable for the differentiation of the ducts. The duct ends are sealed with protective caps against contaminations.
- Nearly tension free installation and unspooling from the drum.
- Different colours (stripes) and markings are possible and are always clearly visible.
- Due to the small bending radius and the excellent flexibility, the FiberSpeed® according to DIN 16874 is particularly suitable for the installation in the inner city area.
- Optimal blowing-in results due to the Vogelsang inner duct grooves.
- Direct installation of the ducts is possible in a duct assembly starting from wall thickness 1,5 mm of the single ducts.
- Telecommunication cables
- 14 / 10 mm
Standard marking of the cable ducts
(marking in italic on every duct)
|Dimension, e.g.||14 / 10 mm|
|Fabrication date (day/month/year)||23.02.2017|
|Meter marking||180 m|
|Dimension monoduct mm||Outside Ø in mm||Wall thickness in mm||Weight in g/m||Max. blowing-in pressure in bar|
|14 / 10||14||2,0||71||16|
|Dimension monoduct mm||Pressure test DIN 8075||Crush resistance||Longitudinal alteration after hot treatment DIN 8075||Traction force [N]|
|14 x / 10||170h / 80°C / 4 N/mm2||≤ 15%||≤ 3%||300|
Transport and storage of the pipeline parts
When stored outdoors for several months, cover the FiberSpeed® ducts in order to protect them from direct sunlight.
|Application||Admissible temperature range|
|Transport and storage||-10°C – 50°C|
|Installation||-10°C – 50°C|
|Blowing-in||-5°C – 35°C|
|Operation||-20°C – 60°C|
Installation in open trench
|Dimension (o.d / i.d.)||7/4||106||12/8||14/10||16/12|
|Installation depth||0,5 m – 1,0 m|
Only stone-free, compactable material may be used for the trenches and the duct bedding.
Installation of the duct parts and duct connections
The duct parts must be checked for damage and similar impairments before the installation and cleaned in the connection area. The connection area must be free from damage in order to achieve a permanent tightness.
Grooves and scratches on the duct must not be deeper than 10% of the permissible minimum wall thickness. Damaged parts must be sortet out.
If necessary, the ducts are cut to size using a suitable duct cutter. The ducts must be cut at right angles.
The duct ends must be handled according to the type of connection.
Permissible injection pressure
For FiberSpeed® ducts and connecting elements, the maximum injection pressure must not be exceeded at a compressed air temperature of 20°C and a blowing-in time of 2 hours.
|Application||Max. blowing-in pressure (bar)|
|Direct installation||≥ 10|
|Direct buried||≥ 16|
- The FiberSpeed® ducts can be blown-in using standard blow-in devices.
- For the installation of FiberSpeed® ducts a bending radius of 20 x o.d. is recommended.
- For the FiberSpeed® duct joints, a bending radius of > 2m must be observed
- During the installation of the FiberSpeed® duct bonds a sufficient distance is required in order to ensure the filling.
A well-engineered fitting and equipment program and matched tools provide you with an optimal system solution for the expansion of broadband networks.